The Show Classes will be classified as follows: -
· Puppy Class: - 4 to 9 months of age (No CAC awarded)
· Junior Class: - 9 to 18 months of age (Junior CAC awarded)
· Intermediate Class: - 15 to 24 months of age (CAC awarded)
· Open Class: - 15 to 24 months upwards (CAC awarded)
· Working Class – 15 months and over (CAC awarded)
· Veteran Class: - from 8 years upwards (No CAC awarded)
· Champion Class: (No CAC awarded) - This class is obligatory for those dogs, which have acquired 4 CAC certificates and are therefore classified as Maltese Champions with the exception of veterans.
Exhibiting dogs can only participate in one Class. Dogs entered in the Puppy Class will compete only for the Best Puppy In Breed / Best Puppy In Group/Best Puppy In Show. Exhibiting dogs which enter the Junior Class, or the Intermediate Class, or the Open Class, or the Veteran Class, or the Champion Class will compete for the Best Of Breed / Best In Group / Best In Show.
Exhibiting dogs that have been awarded 4 CAC’s will be eligible to become a Maltese Champion Certificate. A dog that is a Champion in an FCI recognized country will only need two CAC’s from Malta to become a Maltese Champion.
Dogs that have been awarded 3 Junior CAC will be eligible to become a Maltese Junior Champion. A dog that is a Junior Champion in an FCI recognised country will only need two Junior CAC’s from Malta to become a Maltese Junior Champion.
Exhibitors are invited to participate in the following Classes :
· COUPLE CLASS: - A Male & Female of the same breed and variety of the same owner
· GROUP CLASS: - 3 dogs or more of the same breed and variety of the same owner.
Exhibiting dogs eligible for participation in the COUPLE and GROUP Classes, must have participated in one of the PUPPY, JUNIOR, INTERMEDIATE, OPEN, VETERAN or CHAMPION Classes.
Junior members competing in the Junior Handler Competition who have not yet produced their Birth Certificate (that issued by the Public Registry) are kindly requested to do so immediately.
Only foreign nationals residing abroad are allowed to participate without being fully paid up members, however these are to pay the appropriate entry fees.
Exhibiting dogs that place in the following titles will be awarded a trophy only when we have a sponsor as otherwise the groups trophies will not be awarded..
- BEST PUPPY IN GROUP
- RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN GROUP
- BEST IN GROUP
- RESERVE BEST IN GROUP
- BEST GROUP IN SHOW
- RESERVE BEST GROUP IN SHOW
- BEST COUPLE IN SHOW
- BEST GROUP IN SHOW
- BEST PUPPY IN SHOW
- RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW
- BEST IN SHOW
- RESERVE BEST IN SHOW
- BEST IN SHOW 3RD PLACE
- BEST IN SHOW 4TH PLACE
A written report on the exhibited dog will be available at the judge’s discretion.